I developed my design because I knew I wanted to do something having to do with the fear of time aka the fear of getting old. You had to have your book completely planned out before you started. This project took a lot of patience to do. I had never done a book carving before so this was the first time I have tried something like this. I used 5 different layers to show depth and each clock is a different layer.
Thursday, January 9, 2014
1. I used variety in my piece by using different colors, medias, and techniques. I used tissue paper, origami paper, watercolor pencils and colored pencils. The word amusement made me think of kites and balloons and bright colors so I used those all in my piece. I categorized the colors into rainbow order to make the piece flow.
2. I used different types of papers for the kites and balloons to show mixed media along with watercolor pencils and regular colored pencils. I enjoyed being able to use different mediums in one project.
3. Practicing our visual journaling showed me how to use the different mediums as well as what went well with what and etc. the practice definitely helped.
4. The challenges I experienced were with not letting the tissue paper bleed outside the lines and making sure the watercolors stayed in the general area they should be but I fixed that by using watercolor pencils and I was careful when using gel medium on the tissue paper.
Friday, November 15, 2013
1. I thought of ideas that were both physically and figuratively sticky. I picked a wall with wet paint because it was literally sticky.
2. I think my idea was out of the box because it wasn't necessarily a had sticky situation but it is supposed to portray the wet paint being sticky as well as graffiti being somewhat of a sticky situation because it is illegal.
3. My rhythm and pattern is incorporated in the rays of the sun
4. My choice of media was acrylic. It wasn't very difficult because I have a lot of practice with acrylic paint
5. The mini lessons helped a lot with technique of painting
Thursday, November 14, 2013
1. I chose to do myself because I thought it would be interesting to myself and would be easier because I know all the different parts of my face and body.
2. I chose paint samples because I wanted to capture the colors of the picture but I wanted things to not be perfect looking and a little choppy so it looked better from a distance than up close.
3. I took risks buy using a material I had never used before and by going with the flow in my project and not mapping out colors or anything, just doing what I thought looked right.
4. I'm glad I chose not to map out the colors and just kind of put different samples in different places because by the end of the project you can tell the media but you can still understand what the picture is of. My material represented me because paint samples are all about colors and I am very colorful :))))
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
1. I picked ideas that made me think of up close and personal. I started to think about those pictures in national geographic where there are super zoomed in pictures and you have to try to guess what it is. I ultimately picked fruit because I thought it was such a cool thing to look at closely.
2. I used emphasis by dramaticizing the colors of the kiwi and the pattern of the inside. The kiwi by itself is the only subject on the page.
3. I picked colored pencils because I thought they would be the best way to show details of the kiwi and I thought they would later well.
4. I took risks by using soft colored pencils which I had never done before. I also tried to make the kiwi look more dramatic.
5. I used medium and concept
Thursday, September 12, 2013
1. Some of the solutions I came up with interpreted what's the point literally and figuratively. Figurative answers I came up with had to do with the earth and the planet and things I thought were the point of life etc. Ideas for me that were more literal were things like shoes, anchors, pencils... Things that literally had points.
2. I chose to do a shoe because I very much enjoy material things and I thought a shoe was a good way to express myself... I chose a high heel because it has a literal point :)
3. I showed contrast by using different shades of pencil next to each other in my picture.
4. I used pencil because it is a good way to show contrast by using different pencil techniques and darkness of your pencil.
5. I used cross hatching and hatching to make my picture look real.
6. I took risks in this picture because I picked a topic to draw that wasn't as easy as so of my other ideas.
7. The message of my picture is kind of that materialism is superficial, kind of an ironic what's the point.